Monday, October 08, 2012

Trying to Understand Why

Today I have been asking questions trying to understand why somethings like the death of these children happen here.  More people are coming to me and tell me about some bad men killing children.  Although we do not know all the fact of these deaths I did ask a Pastor today if these deaths could be a result of a religious practice.  He said there are those who believe in order to win at the lottery or to gain money, jobs or wealth they must make Satan happy.  Sacrifice is the way you do it.  That means different things to different people.  He truly believes that Satan is behind so many of these things that happen in this country and that we need to be very diligent in our prayers and very diligent in our work to reach people for Christ.  I asked my Pastor here if he would be visiting the families in this area and if they were going to go could I come along.  This week we are going to meet to talk about a children's program and evangelizing in this area as an outreach of the church we work with here in Haiti.  In the meantime I am spending time in prayer about this very matter.  God is changing Haiti one person at a time.  There are so many wonderful Christians here. I think of the young men at Emmaus seminary and the work they are doing.  The churches here.  The individuals here who love working for Jesus.  So many.  Please pray for them as well.

No comments: