Thursday, October 18, 2012

The right people at the right time

As Bud and I continue to work out our transportation needs, God as usual has been faithful in providing the right people at the right time to help us.

 I was in need of a cab driver, but it is a little scary relying on someone you do not know to take you from place to place and it would not take much to them to speak in a way that I would not understand what was going on.

 So I asked a friend of mine to recommend someone. He did and just before he was to begin to work for me he changed his mind. Now what do I do. So My friend contacted another young man. When he came to meet me he seemed nice enough and spoke English which was a blessing.

 The first morning he came to get me Josianne my Haitian  friend who helps me with cooking on my crazy days looked out the door to see who I was getting into a car with. She is so protective.  She was so excited to see it was Frantz Seide. She has known him and his parents for years. She yelled to me. It is okay he is a wonderful Christian man.

As we were riding into town and I use the term lightly because this car was barely running at times, I asked him where he learned English. He told me he finished 3 years at Emmaus Seminary and that he had a wonderful teacher he adored. Ms Marylou. He asked me if I knew her and I was pleased to say I did.  He told me he wanted to do his fourth year but did not have enough money to go back to school yet. That was why he was driving taxi.

 I am so glad that the money I am paying him will help him to finish his dream to be a Pastor.  He is my driver 4 days a week and everyday he says to me "do not worry I will take good care of you"   Taxi from my home to where I teach and back  is about $35 a week.

Conversations in the car are great because on the way home we pick up other people and I am meeting more and more people but today a familiar face entered the cab.  Mdm Ramond runs an orphanage and a church.  Her husband  was the leader but he died.  As we enter my driveway she asked if she could join my English classes too.  Actually several Pastors have come to me and asked me to do a special class for them.  There is always more work to do.  I am not sure how all of it will work out but I am sure it will.

No comments: