That was the title of my devotion this morning.
Last night I had a hard time falling asleep which has not been a problem for some time now. My mind kept going over the faces of the people who have come to me lately and their needs. Lesson plans filled my head and how do I teach the children better who are struggling and just my day in general. So I got up and decided to check out face book and see how my friends were doing and post a couple of quick Praises there. I also wanted to write a quick note to a supporter who is so faithful to us and I had not written to her in a while.
As soon as I turned on my computer there it was an email from her and an encouraging note. Then as I check my face book another prayer partner instant messaged me to pray with me. We had a wonderful time sharing what God has laid on our hearts and praying for each other. I praise God for those little moments when people reach out to us here.
When we came back to Haiti We were asked by so many to work with them but my prayer was Lord show me what work you have for us to do here, especially for me. I was searching for my place here. I just wanted to serve the Lord and complete my purpose here. I know that evangelizing
children in still a part of it but God has given this to me. My job is to Worship Him in everything I do. My devotions say to ask the question " Lord what can I do for you, you name it it's yours, Whatever I can offer you, please let me know." And that is what my days are like and Bud's as well.
One young man came to me yesterday and he is having very serious dental problems and is in a lot of pain. I can only offer him a little money to buy the a mouth rinse and special tooth paste to help him. But what he shared with me was that he had asked others for help and they said they did not have the money to help they were sorry and walked away. He said what meant so much to him was even though I also cannot give him the money to have the dental work done I joined him in praying for a solution and am standing with him trying to help him get through this. Another young man was lead astray by a cult and he is very confused. I ordered a book for him explaining this cults believes verses what the Bible says. God had showed me this book while we were home. I did not know it was because I would be faced with helping someone understand they were going down the wrong path. Together we are looking into God's Word. I asked him to read the book and come back to share his feelings with me. He shared that in the past others told him he was not welcome around them any more because he was going to this church. He was grateful that I cared enough to help him understand what he was doing. He still has not made a decision on what he is going to do.
I tell you these things not to point to what I am doing. I am sharing that God is teaching me what He wants from me. To use my gift of hospitality, time, and my availability to come along side whoever he brings into my life and be Jesus in their life. To Worship Him in everything I do. Josiann shared with me that the Haitian people know that I love them and she encouraged me to continue to do what I am doing. That I have no idea the effect it was having on people. I praise God for bringing her into my life, she is wise council. She made this comment after working in our home one day and seeing how many people came to my door during that time just to talk things over with me.
I loved working with teams when we were with our other mission assignment. Now God is requiring me to use the same passion I had for the teams to care for the Haitian people and other missionaries here as well. Relationships are so important and that is what we were called to do no matter where we live. It was always there the call I was just not ready. My mission in Haiti. To serve the Lord, and use whatever I have, material, or spiritual to worship Him. " God just let me know what I am to do for you today".
Bud will be blogging soon. God is working on him as well. Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment