Monday, November 25, 2013

School dedication

Joy and Hope of Haiti is a Canadian based Christian Organization that has an orphanage in Haiti and also assists with building schools.  I began working with them as a missionary when we were affiliated with OMS and am honored to now sit on their board.

One of my ministries here is in partnership with them.  I act as their in-country agent overseeing the building of schools on their behalf. I do the bookkeeping for the projects and help the Haitian staff be successful in the work they are doing. This past week we dedicated a new school that will accommodate over 200 students! This building replaces an old structure that was no longer safe or large enough.  We also visited an area is desperately needs a school.  Both communities are very poor.

All of these schools are Christian based and are affiliated with a local church. You can only imagine the children's excitement when they see their new school for the very first time.



No comments: