Day one
On Monday at the end of the day I went out to chat with the rebar guys. I had spent many years tying rebar as an Ironworker in the US. They were fabricating the columns so I got my pliers and helped them with a column. They were a little surprised at my speed and ease and soon Jane was repeating competition! competition! They had worked all day and I did not want to offend anyone so I bowed out but they did appreciate the help, camaraderie, and respected my skill though rusty.
Day two, foundation
Day three, block walls
Day four, pour the columns and bond beam atop the walls
Day five, form the roof
Day six, rebar & electrical
I had told our landlord that I would do all of the plumbing and electrical so while waiting for the rebar contractor to build the beams and mat I spent most of Saturday helping install bars and tying. After they finished they gave me a hand running my electrical conduits. Now I'm nursing three blisters on my right hand, It reminds me of years ago as an apprentice on the first day of a "rod job."
Concrete pour
Thursday they will remove the shoring, strip the forms and prepare to plaster the walls inside and out with a finish coat of fine cement to match the house.
Today Jane is at church with a team of three that came in on Friday evening, Sammy is napping and I am listening to Christian radio. At 3:30 I will be leading English Bible Fellowship at the radio station.
This past week during the construction, Monday Jane & I checked inventory on a container out at Empower Global, I worked at the airport on Tuesday while Jane spent some time with Karen Davis. Wednesday and Thursday I worked at Lifewater on some repairs. Jane and Karen met with the lawyer on Wed. about adoption. Friday I drew up the electrical and materials list for the depot while Jane was busy in meetings. Friday evening Jane picked up the team at the bus station and has been running them to meetings since. I believe that they leave again for a different location tomorrow.
Bud
No comments:
Post a Comment