HI ALL,
We are back with Sammy and the children in Haiti. We had a great summer in the states with our grandchildren and our kids. We also had a great time visiting some of you. I am sorry we did not get a chance to see more of you when we were home.
For the third year we helped at Seneca Hills Bible Camp and it was great. I taught primary and junior campers about missions but more importantly about how much God loves them. Bud worked with the maintenance dept. He was thrilled that he was able to help a couple of on going problems they were having. God has truly gifted him.
We both were so touched by the generosity of our supporters and our churches. One of my concerns was having enough money to feed the kids through the summer and also to have money to collect art materials to teach art at Grace Zion Church and for special kids clubs from time to time.
Praise the Lord the children ate well all summer and I just bought them enough food for another month. The cost of food continues to rise but God's people have met that need.
We were also able to bring in all the art supplies we need for the art programs. One of our churches is trying to raise money to off set the cost of flying them in. I am having a little trouble concentrating as I write because Sammy is dancing to the song "How Great is our God" in front of me. He loves music and loves to sing. Maybe his name should have been "David". This morning he danced all through worship. He has great rhythm.
Sammy is wonderful. He seemed a little strangle in his behavior when we first saw him. I am not sure if he recognized us or not but now that he is home he is the same old Sammy but so much older in behavior. He now walks, and is a little mocking bird. He loves to repeat words he hears. A couple of days ago he was calling Bud, "Bud". He also repeated after me while I was on the phone. "How are you." We speak to him in Creole and English and he seems to understand both.
I thought I had a month to get ready for school and work on my lessons but the government has decided that all schools will begin Sept 2 instead of Oct. I am scrambling and so grateful for what I did get done during the summer. God has given me a great team in the states of teachers at the Federated Church who are working on art lessons and looking for materials for me to use to help kids learn English.
Bud will begin to work again on Monday. Not sure what that will be but God knows where he is needed. Yesterday we visited the home of Paul and Bell so Bud could try to fix their freezer.
Our plan is to try to update you all more often. Our goal is 3 or four times a month. As we struggle to fit it into our days please understand if we make errors in our spelling and grammar. For example Sammy is trying to push the buttons on this computer while I write. We are so glad to have him back. Please continue to pray for his adoption. We will try to update you as we hear information.
We are off to English Speaking Bible Service where I will be speaking today on The Giant of Fear.
1 comment:
Have been thinking about you and praying for your travel and also your mission work.
So nice to see your post. I can ONLY imagine what your life is like there and how hard it was to leave family in the US. I'm sure you are glad to be back in Haiti, too. You must feel torn between the two.
Thanks for sharing. We keep you in our prayers. Nancy and Ken
Post a Comment