Last night I had a long conversation with the Lord. I am struggling with something that happened
this week in our area. A friend of mine
saw the body of a child that was found in the high grass near an orphanage that she works at. The child had been left by someone we believe
in hopes that someone from the orphanage would find the baby and take it
in. Before the child was found the child
died. I do not want to share how because
the details are gruesome and are a picture that is difficult for me to get out
of my mind. I did not see the child but
the picture is embedded in my mind.
Why do these things
happen to children. I have to admit
people have come to my door with children and are begging for us to take the child in. The parent does not have money to feed them
or the parent of the child has died and the family cannot raise the child. I have been told by agencies here that the
orphanages are full or do not have the money to take in more. We struggle with
this same situation.
I believe the Lord
does everything or permits everything for a reason and I know He was there with
that child. I questioned Him as to what
lesson or message, am I to hear from
this. My mind went to what if we had not
taken in Sammy? How many other Sammy’s
are out there that God wants us to help others to care for. I believe that the
baby is in the arms of Jesus now. I also pray that the person who left the
child there never hears what happened because I believe they were trying to do
what was best for the baby and not to harm it. I am praying for God’s wisdom in all of this
and to seek His leading in what part we are to play in the lives of children
here. My fears did also arise as I
thought of the time, and the money it will take that I have little of. Then the Lord reminded me ,”Haven’t I given
you all you have need so far.” And He
has provided for us through His people. I am so grateful for the people who
faithful follow the Lords guidance in giving to His work. I made up my mind to put my fears aside and
continue to trust in God’s provision through His people and His ways and live
day to day. Please pray for the children
here. Pray we can teach the children and
the Haitian who care for them.
Yesterday I was faced with a situation with one of the
worker at the orphanage. I had to face that
I have not been working with them spiritual and I had failed to take the time
to sit and teach them God’s Word. I am told they are Christians but things
going on in their lives personally, does not show that. I have failed to set time aside to walk
alongside them and disciple them. God
puts people in front of us that we are to walk alongside them and we overlook
them. My concentration was on the kids
and I forgot the workers are so important also.
Please continue to pray for us as we grow in our ministry. Bud is feeling better and left to go to work
at LIFE Water today. I am off the check out a school Joy and Hope is building
here.
No comments:
Post a Comment