Friday, February 22, 2013
Sammy 3 is not only God's number but yours as well.
Many of you have been following the Story of Sammy the little boy who came to us through the medical clinic, when a nurse asked us to take home this dying baby. Sammy at 11 months old weighed 8 pounds and was dying of malnutrition. After saying no 3 times I finally gave into God and took Sammy home signing him into the orphanage but carring for him in our home. It was a very difficult time. We had to feed him round the clock little by little. Too much food too fast could put him into cardiac arrest. After a month of little to no sleep Sammy pulled through. Then came the theropy to his legs because we were afraid he would not walk. His legs had no strength and most of the time just hung there. All the muscle had been eaten away as his body struggled to survive. Three months later Sammy has doubled his weight, is trying to crawl and gets around pretty well in his walker. We were home three weeks when we got a call from a friend of ours asking how our ministry was going and we told them about Sammy. They felt God tugging on their hearts to adopt him. When we returned back everyone, I mean everyone tried to discourage us from even trying to get Sammy cleared for adoption. Adoptions are becoming very difficult and the paperwork takes month to years if it happens at all. I even wrote an email to the family telling them that an adoption agency here told me that it would be impossible. I was so discouraged but the family said no God can make this happen. This past Wed. I asked a friend of mine to help steer me in the right direction and who to talk to get this going. Here we are Three day later and Sammy's adoption paper are ready to send to Port where things need to be finalized. His parents to be are still working on the things they need to submit but I know in my heart there is another three coming in Sammy life. I am praying that Sammy will be able to go home with his parents and us in Three months when we go home to do some fundraising and mission work at home in June. I believe my God can do it. Do you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment