Monday, February 18, 2013

Hi Everyone

Today I am home with Sammy, It had rained all night but now seems to be clearing up. I have been battling a sore throat since Saturday morning and felt that it would be good to stay inside & dry.

Many of our supporters had asked about photos of the car that they helped us to purchase.
The car purchase in itself is a miracle. The car that we had agreed to purchase back in Nov. fell through.
Upon our return in January we found that possibly others had been using it, was very rough and the carpets were saturated with water and mold under the rear seat. The tires were well worn and the radiator was full of rust. After much prayer, it was very difficult to walk away from the deal not knowing if we could find something better for the sacrificed money that our supporters had sent.
A Haitian friend of ours said that he would look for us. In the back of my mind I was thinking that he is probably no better qualified to find a good car than I am qualified to purchase a multi-million dollar piece of artwork,WRONG!
We passed up the deal on Saturday, He found the car on Tuesday. Wednesday we went with a Haitian pastor, a mechanic from his congregation, our friend that found the car and myself.
The car was a identical to the first one including color and model, a year older but the same mileage. 1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE. The car is in pristine condition, runs fantastic, I did observe that the fan belts were well cracked and have since changed them all. Only God could pull this one off! The car was in much better shape and we were able to purchase it for my first offer on the other one ($1000.00 less that the original deal). This gave us some money to hold for the purchase of new tires later in time. God does have a sense of humor though, heated leather seats & a moon roof in Haiti????




Over the past couple of weeks I have been helping Life Water Canada drill a new well out at the new Empower Global compound. I'm not so much interested in drilling on a daily basis but more interested in how the drill rig operates so as how to help maintain it. The interesting part about all of this is that back when I was boy, I played with the neighbors and their father, uncle and grandfather operated these same Bucyrus-Erie drill rigs. On Wednesday, Les Babcock had "Junior" and myself fold down the rig, Les moved it to another site and we again erected it to start another well. We were all glad as we had done well on the "Test" of how it all goes up properly.



While we were drilling the Empower well, we also did a two hour flow test on a well on an adjoining parcel of land.
As you can see the neighborhood kids & Maurice were enjoying the shower with mid 80's temperatures. 

Sammy continues to grow each day, any minute now he will get the mechanics of crawling together.
Last Tuesday [Carnaval Holiday], Sammy was helping me repair a small generator in the yard. I'm sure that it won't be long and he will be in the tools!

Bud

No comments: