Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Retreat Begins

Today is the first day of our spiritual and team building retreat. Right now we should be on a bus heading for the Dominican Republic, but like all things here in Haiti nothing is for sure. Violence has begun here in the country. The word on the street is the people are blaming the UN for bringing Cholera in since one of the troops here is from a country infested with Cholera. Elections are also just around the corner so that could be part of the problems.
Cholera is definitely here with us. We hear stories of death everywhere. We are staying close to home because the violence has stretched all the way from Cap to areas past us. Please be in prayer about all of this.
On a happier note we just had a wonderful week with a team that truly came here to serve. Their hearts were set on being a blessing here in Haiti and they truly were. Not only did they work with several different ministries while they were here they also found ways to help the missionaries in their homes. We were blessed with freshly painted walls.
One afternoon I took the team out for a walk in our area to visit, and pray with the people. What a blessed time we had. We managed to speak to several families before the rain returned. I carried my creole Bible with me and I am happy to say it now is in the hands of a beautiful young woman who I had the privilege of sharing Christ with. She is now my sister in Christ. One of our schools also shared with us that they had a Starfish kid accept Christ during devotions on day last week. I do not have the name yet but I will be thrilled to share that news with their sponsor.
I just finished two weeks of answering letters and assigning new children to sponsors. It is a great job to have to do but it is overwhelming at times because it take a lot of time. Marcie is here from Canada and she and I spent time together working on ways to spread some of this work out between her and I. I also have a partner in the US now. Beka who is helping me as well.
This leaves me more time to work on programs for children and taking teams out to work with our schools. What a blessing they both are. Our new books will be here soon which a Bible stories and scripture in Creole. Each teacher will be given a book and a plan for teaching Bible lessons on a child's level. I will be happy to share with you soon some new and upcoming projects for Starfish kids. May I share some prayer request with you. Please to continue to pray for all of our ministries: Seminary, Medical Clinic, English as a second language, Radio station, Schools, Starfish kids and our missionaries. None a funded where they need to be especially the Radio station and our missionaries. God is faithful and we know He has a plan. We are praying that individuals are willing to hear it. Bud has been really busy as you see from his blogs. I praise God that he has kept him safe through all of this. I also praise God because we are about to begin construction on two new school. Ft St Michel #2 and Plain du Nord. I can't wait to see the children move in. Between the two schools we have 912 students. We have 4 more schools yet to be built. Praise God for those who helped provide this money. We are praying for all of our supporters and blog readers. We may not be able to name everyone but God knows you and He know what is in our hearts for you. Jane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bud and Jane-
You guys have been on my heart all day & I came home and found your posts. Cooper and I visited in July from CCG in Greenwood, and we are praying for your protection-spiritual, physical, mental. You both had such an impact on us on our short visit-and to see your post about unrest lets me know why God placed you on my heart today. In our heart and prayers,
Natalie and Cooper Davis

Cindy said...

Praying for all of you and for Haiti. So excited to hear about the new school construction. Bud & I are busy w/deputation and trying to get funding. Things are going well, but with the holidays on the horizon everyone is busy and it adds a new "piece" to God's perfectly-planned puzzle for what our ministry and timing is for Haiti. We are excited to see you all in January! Praise the Lord for your new sister in the Lord! What a wonderful testimony that God's spirit is STILL AT WORK in Haiti! Give Bud a hug from T-Bud :) Blessings...C