Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Anxious

Hi All,
It's Wednesday morning the sun is shining and I have Sammy and Savanna down at the Davis's while Vero goes to work and Jane is running errands in Cap.
I hate to say it but I am anxious for the 13th to get here to head home for a visit with friends and family.
It seems that after about 4 months we are always ready for a break!

Jane is finishing up final English exams at the Medical school and Grace Zion church. She finished up her F15 [address] classes early so that she could help me cover the babysitting schedule.

I have been working the airport for MFI Tuesdays and Thursdays, Lifewater a day or two each week. Repairing two vehicles for a local mission belonging to a Pittsburgh, PA church. along with babysitting and keeping our own to-do list accomplished keeps us hopping.

Jane had a "bon-fet"[good-celebration] for Jeslain's birthday supper on Monday. She fixed Bar-B-Q chicken and the fixings along with a frosted cake and soft drinks. After running Jeslain's family home I see in the rain that the front tire on the car is going flat, that is about the 12th flat since January, it's just part of being in Haiti. On Tuesday morning I pumped it up with air and two plug patches and then we were off and running for the day.
Being prepared for such things here is part of life that we take for granted back home. Brett taught me a couple of years ago, always carry a good jack, lug wrench, spare tire, compressor, plug kit, and jumper cables.

Two weeks ago Jane and Sammy's attorney made a quick flight to Port for the day to continue his adoption proceedings, she is being told that the remaining correspondence will be able to be by e-mail. She had to write a history of Sammy's case and how he came to us, now it is being transposed into French, the official legal language here to be submitted to the agency for further review.

Jane has been busy purchasing and arranging for deliveries of food and necessities for Potter's House Orphanage during our absence.

Over the week end I noticed that our [non potable] water had developed a strange odor. Yesterday Jestlain investigated and found that another frog had made it's way into our elevated storage tank and died. We  had him fish it out and add what bleach we had left, seems to getting better already.

Jane measured Sammy this morning and saw that he has gotten 2 1/4" taller in the past months. He likes to stand for a few seconds before being caught. It won't be long before he is walking.

As soon as we get home we are planning to go to our grandson Will's roller skating birthday party. Skating is something that we used to do weekly as a family back in the earley 80's. I know right where our skates are, hopefully I don't break a hip!!

We are scheduled to serve a week in July at Seneca Hills Christian camp Polk, PA as resident missionaries.
We are taking a number of grandchildren, Jane working with campers and I usually spend most of my time working with the collage age maintenance staff.

Over these past 5 months We have been blessed with:
Sammy, a dependable car, paved streets all of the way from Cap to our driveway, Jeslain, Annette and their family and many of you keeping us in your prayers each day.

Doug and Susan Rakoczy family are finishing up their two years here with Lifewater and heading back to Minnesota. We will certainly miss their friendship and help along the way.

Blessings,
Bud

No comments: