Wednesday, February 24, 2010

When discouragement comes God sents encouragement

The last couple of days have really been rough for Bud and I. We have been discouraged and at times disappointed and angry at things we cannot control. Last night I was really feeling down and kind of weepy. I was missing my kids and my own weaknesses were getting the best of me. Believe it or not Bud and I are not perfect and we have flaws and weakness that we let get the best of us. But what I am really trying to say is God knows just what we need to keep us going and not give up. Last night as I sat on the couch thinking of all the things I could be doing that would be a lot more enjoyable with my life and fighting with our lousy Internet an email got through. It was from my friend Cindy. She was sending me an email to encourage us and she shared with me a passage of scripture that had jumped off the page at her during her devotions. As I read it, it brought tears to my eyes. It was the very verses that God had used to call me to follow him in service here in Haiti. Just like back then the words spoke to my heart and I knew just what those words meant to for me in these times. Thanks Cindy I needed that. Oh today I am still tired but stronger. God has used several people to keep us going since we came to Haiti. Our children who send us encouraging notes and little gift of love, our friends who drop us a card, our churches who send us a note to let us know they are thinking of us, and our partners who for the third month is a row have given to us up and above what they had promised to give. For the third month in a row our support has exceeded our expenses. On paper that should not be happening. Today because of a video that we sent out that will not open for viewing, we heard from two Pastors who encouraged us. Pastor Huntly and Pastor Bell. Lord I thank you for not letting them work, we needed to hear from them. Yep we are going to be fine, we will get past the low days and be back up on that mountain again. Thanks friends for allowing God to use you to pick us up and keep us going. We love you Lord and friends we love you too. In April, Bud and I are going to make a quick trip home to get some much needed hugs from our family. We praise God for making that possible as well. May I ask you to pray for a fellow missionary friend of ours? Her support is very low and we can't have her leaving the field to raise support right now. Please pray for our friend Joetta Lehman. Jane

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Yahoo! I thought two weeks ago when God gave ME that scripture it was for my direction...so thankful He also gave it to you! What an amazing God...We know you will be alright and yes, we are praying, praying, praying! Love you guys...Bud & Cindy