It is 8:00 in the evening and it actually feels cool to us. The humidity is not as high tonight as it has been. Lately Cold showers have been the next best thing to heaven.
We have been here a little over three weeks and I think we are beginning to adjust to the heat. I am so thankful that there are places through out the day that have air conditioning and when we get to enjoy it it is a real treat.
It is such a privilege to work along side our Haitian brothers and sisters in Christ. So many of them are such dynamic individuals. I am so pleased with the way the staff in the Starfish Kids office and the maintenance staff have accepted Bud and I.
One of the things we enjoy is the time we get to pray along side them for the work going on here. Each Monday at noon I sit with my co workers and we have a time of worship together. It is all in creole and that give me time to work on my creole as well.
Today was my first class teaching English as a second language. I have 46 students and they are so anxious to learn. As I teach them about English they are teaching me about their language.
Most of my day is trying to find sponsorships for the children. We have lost several this year because of economic problems in the rest of the world. This past week was their first week of school and Madamn has been traveling from school to school passing out books and supplies to the Starfish kids.
Some times are hard when students have to be told that they no longer have a sponsor, but we have laid that in our Fathers hands as well. One thing I do know is that our Lord loves these children more than we do and he knows and will do what is best in every circumstance.
Bud and I have laid our financial needs as well at his feet and know that He knows from where it will come from. Every time I look at the beautiful mountains that surround us I can feel the Glory and strength of our Father. I feel sometimes like He sitting right there above us and He is sending down His love and mercy. He knows what we need and He has it all worked out. He just wants us to trust him and go about what He has asked us to do and leave the rest up to him. My desire is to draw closer and closer to him everyday so I do not disappoint him.
We have a team in here from Scotland and we have enjoyed our time with them. I am looking forward to more visits from teams. Espeacially one coming in in a couple of weeks. They are friends from home. Our family has been wonderful, at keeping in touch and taking care of things back home we are so blessed. Jane
5 comments:
good to find your blog! we've been thinking of you - did you get an inverter yet? let us know. Sharon Mishler, NorthRidge
mishlersharon@yahoo.com
Hey all, had a team meeting tonight and have a total of 17 people interested in our 8-openings-left January team! Although I know several are just "considering" at this point but is good to know there are so many interested! Praise God! Anxious to stay w/you in January - although I did remember a bit of a "rat" issue the last time we were there in that house...assume Bud has taken care of that! :) Praying for you!
I enjoy reading your blog entries so I know how to pray for you better. My husband and I go to Grace and work with Marcia.
Here in PA we are getting COOLER, too. I have a sweater on to avoid turning on the heat. I enjoyed my visit to your blog...keep forgeting I can see you here. I DO see that tray and that little round dish with the lid to keep me mindful of you. We continue to wish you WELL in all your mission work there. See you soon, we hope. That baby is coming soon! Nancy
Think of you often especially when I see the tiny jar with cover and when using the tray. Will continue to pray for you both and all you are doing there. See you soon, hopefully...that baby is coming!
GOD'S BLESSINGS TO YOU BOTH!
Post a Comment